Friday, October 5, 2012

Autumn, FLX Style

I think one of my favorite things about living in the Finger Lakes is having four seasons, all of which have something to celebrate.  But fall is my favorite season, probably because I love Halloween and Thanksgiving.  I also have a fondness for pumpkin pie, harvest spice Yankee Candles, and pumpkin chai from Dunkin Donuts.  Mostly though, it's because the fall leaves are so fabulous here.  I love driving along the lake, looking across, and seeing reds and yellows and oranges on the other side.  It's gorgeous!

Owasco Lake, October 2008

If the foliage in the Finger Lakes isn't sufficient, you also have the option of taking a short road trip to the Adirondacks.  It's such a popular destination in the fall that our local meteorologists discuss the levels of fall foliage every night on the evening news and give you the locations that are currently in "peak week".  You can even take a ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad.  The Halloween trip, where passengers are encouraged to wear costumes, is fabulous.

All in all, autumn is a wonderful time to be in the Finger Lakes!

~Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment