Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome to We Heart the Finger Lakes

I suppose Tracy and I should introduce ourselves. I was born and raised in the Finger Lakes region of New York. In fact, I have lived here for all but the six years of my life spent on pharmacy school. I love it here for many reasons, and am 93% sure that I wouldn't move unless it was to live in a beach house in Hawaii.

Tracy, on the other hand, is a rece
nt New Yorker, a transplant from Texas. She would probably argue that she isn't a New Yorker at all, and will die a Texan even if she spends the rest of her life with Yankees. Despite her southern roots, she has come to embrace a lot of what New York has to offer, and plans to stay here for the foreseeable future.

Which brings us to why we are writing this blog. It all started with a comment Tracy made at work, about starting a photo album with reasons her mom should move from Texas to New York. Reasons 1, 2, and 3 were obviously Tracy's children. Reason 4 was Tracy herself. But then the entire pharmacy team started throwing out reasons why New York is awesome and her mom should move here, and our blog was born. Hope you enjoy!


~ Sarah Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment